Bridgend Public Services Board
Bridgend Public Services Board is a group of public sector and not for profit organisations who work together to create a better Bridgend County Borough. The following organisations are part of Bridgend Public Service Board:
- Bridgend County Borough Council
- ABMU Health Board
- South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
- Natural Resources Wales
- Public Health Wales
- South Wales Police
- National Probation Service
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- Bridgend Voluntary Services (BAVO)
- Valleys to Coast (V2C)
- Welsh Government
- South Wales Police and Crime Commissioner's Office
- Bridgend College
- Awen Cultural Trust
- Bridgend Business In Focus
- Department of Work and Pensions
Wellbeing of Future Generations Act
A new law called the Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 was introduced in 2016. It created goals for each authority to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural wellbeing of their area.
The Act also made it a legal requirement for each local authority to create a public services board (PSB). Bridgend Public Services Board was created on 1 April 2016.
As part of the Act, Bridgend PSB collected data and information and asked local people about the strengths and challenges facing the area, both now and in the future. The information was used to develop the Bridgend Assessment of Wellbeing which was published in April 2017.
The wellbeing assessment helps us to understand the needs of our citizens and communities and will be updated regularly. We have used the well-being assessment along with other key information to develop the wellbeing plan for Bridgend County Borough.
Bridgend wellbeing plan
The wellbeing plan tells us how to improve well-being in Bridgend County Borough, and what we need to do in order to achieve this. It also shows how following the plan will help us to meet the seven wellbeing goals set out in the Act.
Scheduled meetings and minutes
You can find the minutes of Bridgend Public Service Board meeting below:
- PSB meetings and minutes May 2016 - PDF 330Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes July 2016 - PDF 260Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes September 2016 - PDF 225Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes November 2016 - PDF 329Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes January 2017 - PDF 334Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes March 2016 - PDF 312Kb
- PSB meetings and minutes May 2017 - PDF 255Kb