Deposit Local Development Plan (LDP) Consultation Deposit Documentation
Deposit Local Development Plan (LDP)
This Sustainability Appraisal report combines a sustainability appraisal (SA) and strategic environmental assessment (SEA) of the deposit plan. The SA/SEA was prepared on behalf of the council by consultants Baker Associates. The sustainability appraisal process is to asses whether the implementation of the LDP will deliver sustainable development in the County Borough.
The council has undertaken a sustainability appraisal of all allocated sites within the LDP. This not only ensures that the sites themselves are sustainable and any potential conflicts, further studies or potential mitigation measures are noted; it also ensures that there is a consistent framework for the assessment of alternative sites submitted as part of the consultation process of the deposit plan.
Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) is required under the European Directive (92/43/EEC) on the ‘conservation of natural habitats and wild fauna and flora’. The Directive seeks to protect the most valuable habitats and species in Europe. Any plan or project that has the possibility of impacting on a European Protected Site, (in this case Special Areas of Conservation (SACs), must be assessed to ascertain the likelihood and significance of its effects upon the integrity of the site.
The SA / HRA processes are iterative; early versions of the LDP were subjected to these processes to ensure that changes could be made to the document before it was published. Details of these changes can be found in the SA / HRA Change Log report.
The Initial Consultation Report has been updated and supplemented to demonstrate how the comments received at the Pre-Deposit Stage have informed the content of the deposit Plan, in accordance with LDP Regulation 16(3).
Provides information, advice and templates concerning the submission of a Sustainability Appraisal when making an alternative site representation to the deposit LDP.
This report highlights how the Candidate Sites submitted in 2006/2007 have been assessed for potential inclusion in the Plan. This is accompanied by a summary of the assessment for every qualifying site, how it performs against the methodology and a conclusion as to whether it should be allocated in the Plan.
The LDP process needs to satisfy the tests of soundness identified in Local Development Plans Wales (Welsh Assembly Government, December 2005). This report sets out the ten tests of soundness and the Council’s assessment of its progress to date in meeting them.
An assessment of how the policies and proposals in the plan will impact upon different equality groups in the County Borough.
Supporting documents relevant to LDP preparation
This paper summarises the national, regional and local issues, policies, plans and strategies; highlighting their implications for Bridgend County Borough and specifically, the LDP.
This paper sets out justification for the level of population and housing growth proposed in the Plan and explains why they differ from WAG projections for the County Borough.
This paper sets out the principles and methodology by which settlement boundaries have been reviewed and allocated in the LDP.
This paper sets out the principles and methodology by which Green Wedges have been reviewed and allocated in the LDP.
This paper sets out background information to the minerals section of the Plan.
This paper sets out background information to the waste section of the plan.
This paper sets out the principles and methodology by which retail centre boundaries and primary shopping frontages have been reviewed and allocated in the LDP.
This paper sets out the evidence base and other background information to the affordable housing policy contained in the Plan.
Supporting studies / documentation
- Settlement Role and Function Study - PDF 17178Kb
- Designation of Special Landscape Areas - PDF 10966Kb
- Employment Land Availability Survey 2009 - PDF 329Kb
- Examining Alternative Demographic and Labour Market Projections (CE Report) - PDF 181Kb
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment - 2010 - PDF 2361Kb
- Local Housing Market Assessment - 2009 - PDF 3703Kb
- Joint Housing Land Availability Study 2009 - PDF 1816Kb
- Retailing and Commercial Centres in Bridgend County Borough 2009 - PDF 6264Kb
- Employment Land Review 2010 - PDF 3147Kb
- Retail Needs Planning Study – 2007 to 2021 - PDF 1235Kb
- Retail Needs Planning Study Update – 2010 - PDF 2347Kb
- Bridgend County Borough Council Affordable Housing Viability Study 2010 - PDF 1589Kb
- Outdoor Sports Audit - 2010 - PDF 15658Kb
- Children’s Play Space Audit - 2010 - PDF 9288Kb
- Allotment Audit – 2010 - PDF 5547Kb
- Renewable Energy Assessment – 2011 - PDF 4715Kb
- TAN 8 SSA Refinement Study – 2006 - PDF 16412Kb
- Strategic Flood Consequences Assessment - Volume 1 - User Guide - PDF 1129Kb
- Technical Report - PDF 837Kb
- Maps A - SW - PDF 8930Kb
- Maps - Maesteg - PDF 2787Kb
- Maps - Pencoed and Waterton - PDF 3100Kb
- Maps - Porthcawl - PDF 11518Kb