We have a statutory duty to, where possible, educate children at the school preferred by their parents or carers.
In the vast majority of cases, parents are happy to choose their catchment school but it is legally necessary for that school to be selected and named on the ‘Admission to School’ form and returned by the deadline. A place will not automatically be available at a particular school, even if you live in the catchment area.
Bridgend County Borough Council is the admissions authority for community schools. For voluntary aided schools, the admissions authority is the governing body for the school.
Deadlines for admissions
|Application forms sent to parents/carers/schools||Monday 23 October 2017|
|Deadline date for LA receipt of completed application forms||Friday 12 January 2018|
|Notification to parents/carers of acceptance/refusal of places||Thursday 1 March 2018|
|Notification of any appeals||From April 2018|
|Application forms sent to parents/carers/schools||Monday 27 November 2017|
|Deadline date for LA receipt of completed application forms||Friday 16 February 2018|
|Notification to parents/carers of acceptance/refusal of places||Monday 16 April 2018|
|Notification of any appeals||From May 2018|
Admissions to voluntary aided schools
The admissions authority for voluntary aided schools is the governing body of the school.
Please see below for the criteria for each voluntary aided school in Bridgend.
Please see the school starting booklet for admissions criteria for:
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Bridgend.
- St Mary’s and St Patricks’s Catholic Primary School, Maesteg.
- St Robert’s Catholic Primary School, Bridgend.
- Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School, Bridgend.
- Archdeacon John Lewis Church in Wales Primary School.
- school admissions policy and arrangements 2018 to 19 - PDF 233Kb
- Admission Form for a Full-time Nursery Place Starting September 2018 (Nursery Year Two) - DOCX 77Kb
- Admission Form for a Part-time Nursery place starting Spring or Summer Terms 2019 (Nursery Year One) - DOCX 79Kb
- Admission Form for Primary School starting September 2018 (starting school in a reception class for the first time or moving from an infant school to a junior or primary school) - DOCX 78Kb
- Admission Form for Secondary School starting September 2018 - DOCX 78Kb