Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Grant scheme opens to support those impacted by Adverse Childhood Experiences

A new grant scheme has been announced by Welsh Government for individuals and organisations across Wales who undertake activities with those who are, or have been, affected by Adverse Childhood Experiences.

The £200,000 scheme aims to bolster initiatives that support individuals growing up, or living in homes where there is domestic abuse or substance misuse, as well as those which provide practical support for families to help them deal with issues like family finance.

Adverse childhood experiences are traumatic events, particularly those in early childhood that significantly affect the health and wellbeing of people.

In addition, funding may also be used to support individuals or organisations that deliver activities to improve mental and physical health, or those which encourage communities to build their collective strength and support for one another.

Funding ranges from £200 for groups with no bank account up to £30,000 for a consortium.

Applications for the main grant between £20,000 and £30,000 must be submitted by 15 November 2021 while deadlines for smaller grants of between £200 to £500 need to be submitted between 4 November 2021 and 3 February 2022.                                                                                   

We welcome this new grant scheme and encourage organisations and individuals who undertake activities with those who are, or have been affected by Adverse Childhood Experiences in Bridgend County Borough, to apply.

Councillor Nicole Burnett, Cabinet Member for Social Services and Early Help

Applications opened this week with the application process being managed on behalf of Welsh Government by the South Wales Police and Crime Commissioner.

The scheme is currently only available for the 2021-22 financial year and all grants must be used by 31 March 2022.

For full details and guidance, or to apply to register for the scheme, please visit the South Wales Police and Crime Commissioner’s website.

A to Z Search