Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Building control

For the first time since April 2018 we are increasing the fees for Building Regulations related applications by 3% from 1st April, 2022. 

This is in line with most other Local Authorities in the South Wales region and is still very competitive when compared to Approved Inspectors’ charges. 


Building regulations exist to ensure the health and safety of people in and around all types of buildings, including domestic, commercial, public and industrial. They also provide for energy conservation, security, and access to buildings.

You can view Building Control searches online.

Building control charges

Table A, New housing

Tables B and C, Domestic extensions and alterations

Tables D, Non domestic

Tables E, Non domestic

Building control form

General application form

To submit an application electronically, use the building portal.

You can pay your fees by debit or credit card by calling 01656 643408.

General information

Guide to renovating your home

Householders' guide to fire sprinklers

Guide to extending your home

Building regulations

Dangerous structures

Sewers and drains, public or private


Building regulations approval

Safety at sports grounds

The Party Wall Act 1996

Part R (Physical Infrastructure for high-speed electronic communications networks)

LABC Partner Authority Scheme

LABC Building Excellence Awards

If you are having construction work done you may have other duties or need to notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The Health and Safety Executive’s website has more details.


Building control

Telephone: 01656 643408 / 01656 643220 Please note that all calls for issues other than Building Control will be referred to our general contact number: 01656 643643.
Address: Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.

A to Z Search