Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Licence complaints and contact details

For general enquiries please email Please note that it may take longer than normal to respond to enquiries during this time.

The Licensing and Registration Section processes licenses and consents. Our work includes the granting, renewal and transfer of licences, as well as registration and consents for:

  • animal boarding establishment licences
  • club premises certificates
  • dangerous wild animals
  • explosives
  • gambling licences, permits and registrations
  • house to house collection
  • hypnotism authorisations
  • performing animals registrations
  • personal licences
  • pet shop licences
  • petroleum
  • premises approvals for marriage or civil ceremonies
  • premises licences
  • riding establishment licences
  • scrap metal dealer registration
  • sexual entertainment
  • street collection
  • street trader licences
  • tattoo, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture licences
  • taxi driver and vehicle licences
  • temporary event notices
  • zoo licences

For any help applying, please make an appointment by contacting using the details below.

Many applications can be made by post or online. Also, we accept applications by fax, and if a fee is payable, we can take card payments by phone. See individual pages for information on specific licenses.


Licensing Section

Bridgend County Borough Council
Telephone: 01656 643643
Address: Our offices are temporarily closed to the public,

Complaints about licensees or premises

As public safety is our aim, we take all complaints very seriously. Complain about licensees or premises by reporting to us:

  • the premises’ details
  • the incident’s nature
  • the incident’s date and time
  • notes of who else you have reported the incident to, if anyone

A to Z Search