Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Temporary event notices

A temporary event notice (TEN) permits a premises/club to supply alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment on a temporary basis.


Apply for a temporary event notice offline

To submit a TEN, the premises user will need to:

  1. Complete and submit the TEN in duplicate to the Licensing Section at least 10 clear working days before the event.
  2. Pay the fee.
  3. Simultaneously submit a copy of the TEN to the Chief Officer of Police and the Council’s Public Protection Department.

Please note the Police and Public Protection Department can object to a TEN under the licensing objectives. Also, weekends and bank holidays, the date of the event and the date the notice is submitted are not classed as working days.

The addresses to serve copy notices are:


The Superintendent (Licensing)

South Wales Police
Address: ‘F’ Division, Bridgend, Brackla Street, Bridgend, CF31 1BZ.

Public Protection Department

Bridgend County Borough Council
Address: Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.

The TEN will be acknowledged by the licensing section, and returned to the premises user.


Limitations of TENs

Various restrictions apply, and you can view the main TENs restrictions here.


Exemptions and advice for TENS

Learn more about exemptions from the need to make a TEN on the UK government website.

For more detailed guidance, please see the TEN Form. You will find notes on the form’s back, which must be read by the person submitting the notice before it is completed.

A to Z Search