Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Bus passes

If your primary address is in Wales and you’re either aged 60 and over or meet the Government’s disability eligibility criteria, you can travel for free on most bus services in Wales and the borders and get discounted or free travel on some rail services.

Your Welsh Concessionary Travel Card is valid on all eligible bus services that operate in Wales, including those commencing/terminating at points adjacent to Wales, provided that the cross-boundary journey doesn’t involve a change of bus in England. 


How to apply

You can apply for your bus pass on the Transport for Wales website or ask a friend, family member or someone you trust to apply online on your behalf.  Online is the quickest way to apply and receive your card.


Companion passes

Some people need another person to travel with them due to a medical issue or disability. In such cases, you may be able to get a companion pass so that they can travel with you for free. There may be an extra charge for this, which the applicant will need to pay, as we may require medical evidence.


Public Transport Unit
Telephone: 01656 642559
Address: Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.

A to Z Search