Accessibility links

Language selection

My Account frequently asked questions (FAQs)

If you are having problems accessing My Account, you may find the solution below:

Try entering your details again or checking your spam or junk folder.

You must use the email and password you used to create the account.

Make sure you have activated the account by clicking on the link in the email you were sent when you signed up.

You can reset your My Account password from the login screen or by clicking reset your password. You will need to access the email address used to setup the account to do this.

You can add a new email address to your account by calling us on 01656 643643. You will need to answer security questions so that we can verify that you are the account holder, and you will receive an email to confirm that the process has been completed.


When registering to see details of your council tax account you will be asked to enter a reference number and answer a number of security questions. These details must match the information on your latest council tax bill. Please make sure you have your most recent council tax bill with you. If you are unable to locate this, please contact the My Account Support team.

This guide may help you link a council tax account.

You will only have three attempts to enter these details correctly. If you enter the details incorrectly three times this section of your account will become locked and you will need to contact the My Account Support team to proceed.

Payments need to be processed and will be allocated to your account within one working day. Please bear this in mind when viewing the balance on My Account. It can take up to five working days for balances to be debited from your bank account.

It will not be possible to view your account details without knowing your online reference number. If you receive benefits it will not be possible to view your benefit records without knowing your online reference or certain details personal to you – like your National Insurance Number.

Enter the postcode and leave the house number blank. Click ‘find address’ and select your address from the list of addresses shown.

If any of your details are incorrect, please email stating your council tax reference number and what changes are required.

None of the fields are case sensitive. You can use lower or upper case.

The system times out after 15 minutes of inactivity.

My Account will occasionally be unavailable while we back up our data. We will post a message on the site to let you know how long it will be unavailable.

If you are struggling to use My Account due to an accessibility issue such as a visual impairment, please contact or call 01656 643643

A to Z Search